Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Value of a Girl Date

It's amazing how much a 'girl date' can help sometimes.  This week has been rather rotten.  Had a lot of emotional stress, a lot of missing my Mom, and the change of seasons which always tends to mess with my head.    Needless to say, Missing Mom Monday had turned into Tearful Tuesday......so by Wednesday, I was in need of some help.  Luckily for me, I had an evening planned with a friend I don't get to see often enough.  And, she and I did what we both love to do....went to Nordstroms.  Our mission, find things that made us think of spring and massacre our winter blues.  So, we went the evening eyeing shoes, playing in the make up, touching purses with leather that felt like 'buttah', and picking up some color on the 2nd floor.  So, this am, I woke up knowing that I would be wearing a cute new cardi in the perfect shade of purple and some new makeup that makes me feel pretty.....I think it isn't going to be a bad day.
I don't have too much to complain about today....I get to spend the afternoon 'working' the VIP suite at the Sprint Center for the Big XII tournament....with free booze and free food...sounds pretty damn rough doesn't it.  And, while I can't wear anything to support my teams, I did wear the perfect spring purple cardi today.

No comments:

Post a Comment