Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back in the Swing.

So...I have been absent for entirely too long.  Didn't have the energy or the motivation to write yet was writing a long winded blog in my head nearly everyday for the past 2 months.  Strangely enough, all of a sudden, I feel like I am back in the swing.

I am beginning to feel more engaged in life again...thank God.  The anniversary of my Mom's death coupled with the stress of training for a half marathon sucked the life out of me in so many ways.  However, over the past few weeks, I feel like a productive and valuable human being again.  I took about 2 weeks off from running and am thankful I did.  I hated feeling like I HAD to do it.  But, now I am back to working out and doing it because I want to.  Back to doing all kinds of cardio and have thankfully started hitting the weights again.  So, hopefully, in the next few months, these last pesky pounds I have no use for will disappear.  No, I am not fat.  In fact, I am right in the range where I should be.  However, I am not where I want to be.  But, I will get there.

In that whole vein of being back in the swing....I am cooking like a madwoman.  I have been Betty Crocker baking up a storm a couple of times a week and am making dinner every night.  Granted, some nights it is leftovers, but we aren't eating out.  Yeah for us.  And, a big yeah for me for having the motivation to make healthy meals every night and even packing BWs lunch every morning.

The funny thing about all of this is that I have no idea how long this motivation will last.  I can be hopeful that it will continue but I have been fooled by that before.  So, for now, I am going with it and getting everything done that I can...and trying to enjoy it.

The rainy weather of today certainly made me miss my Mom.  Today's weather was best described as Nantucket weather.  The weather that we both love more than anything.  For those of you that have no idea what that means, slightly overcast, cool breeze, and 70 degrees at best.  The perfect weather for a long sleeved tshirt and shorts.  We both loved that combination.  She must have been channeling me that way today instead of through all the ice cream I have been eating this summer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment